Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 407sw 136 and from time to time the power steering pump jams on. This usually happens on start up and can be heard as heavy hum. Switching the ignition off does not stop the pump and the only way is to disconnect the battery temporarily, obviuosly taking away supply voltage. Anyone had same problem and solution?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Only time it happened to me was when I had 2 abs sensors faulty, power steering pump kept running after I turned ignition off, car must have thought it was still moving .

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ISNT IT AMAZING HOW MANY SPURIOUS FAULTS CAN BE ATTRIBUTED TO ABS SENSORS ON THE 407. HAVE ALREADY REPLACED TWO OF THE [email protected]@@LIGHTERS TO NO AVAIL. STILL COMES UP WITH FAULTS. AMAZING HOW WELL THE CAR RUNS AND BRAKES WHEN IT SWITCHES THE ABS OFF!!!:bow2:

·
5,071 Posts
ISNT IT AMAZING HOW MANY SPURIOUS FAULTS CAN BE ATTRIBUTED TO ABS SENSORS ON THE 407. HAVE ALREADY REPLACED TWO OF THE [email protected]@@LIGHTERS TO NO AVAIL. STILL COMES UP WITH FAULTS. AMAZING HOW WELL THE CAR RUNS AND BRAKES WHEN IT SWITCHES THE ABS OFF!!!:bow2:
Why are you shouting ?? (Capital letters)

Sent from my K013 using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts