Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Power steering worked intermittently over a few days and then gone completely. Called out the RAC. Fuse is OK, also the pump is receiving a 12v supply and is well earthed. I tried to look at the rack under the car the best I could, couldn't find any leaks. The power steering fluid level was low, I only put a very small amount in but the level shot up above the max level, so had to syringe some out!

Does it sound like the pump? How can I be 100% sure before I buy another pump and take it to a garage to fit. Is it also true that the pump needs to be electronically tuned to the car computer, can only the dealer do this? :confused:

Also looking down at engine (looking forward through the windscreen) there is water on the bottom right of the ridge underneath the radiator. I keep having to top up the level in expander once every few months.

Anyone had similar problems? Cost effective fixes? It's a 52 plate and it's worth about £1200 if fixed. I want hold out buying a new car and keep this one until that magical tipping point!

·
11,766 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I've found a local chap with a diagnostic computer and will arrange for him to come over next week. Will keep the post updated in order to hopefully help people in the future. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I took my car to a chap with a diagnosis computer and the computer would not connect to the ECU :confused:, this baffled the chap and said I'll have to come back another time and he'll have to have a look at the wiring etc. He didn't charge me anything. Would anyone have any idea why the diagnostics computer would not connect to the car's ECU?

Also, I'm driving the car around with no power steering. I'm OK with it for the short term. Could this damage any steering components?? I'm not sure how the whole thing is set up!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts