Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2005 2.0 407 136bhp deisel and its losing power more so when climbing a hill just keeps slowing down.

If I switch off the ignition and restart the engine it works as normal for a very short time and then loses power again. There are no fault lights showing haven't run pplanet on it yet to see if there are any fault codes showing.

Has anyone got any suggestions as to what could be wrong ?

C

·
0 Posts
I have a 2005 2.0 407 136bhp deisel and its losing power more so when climbing a hill just keeps slowing down.

If I switch off the ignition and restart the engine it works as normal for a very short time and then loses power again. There are no fault lights showing haven't run pplanet on it yet to see if there are any fault codes showing.

Has anyone got any suggestions as to what could be wrong ?
I had a similar issue see below

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/407-41/who-has-stolen-my-engine-45858/

It turned out to be my MAF and its only cheap:D

·
Registered
44 Posts
what would cause this if it didnt go back to normal after an engine restart?
OBD codes is P0299 turbocharger/supercharger underboost.

no dash lights or screen messages either.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ive ran peugeot planet and its coming up with this fault.

Code:
turbo position repeat signal position of the valve too open relative to the setting
is this pointing to one of the valves or the position sensor on the turbo?

if its a valve which one and which other valve can i swap it for to prove the fault?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I need to get my car looked at is my often looses power and throws the engine management light when giving it some on a cold engine, I don't like doing this but where I work I have to cross a busy road and often giving it some welly is the only way to pull out. But the car feels like its hit a brick wall, light comes on then after a few seconds is fine, but it is quite dangerous.

C

·
0 Posts
I need to get my car looked at is my often looses power and throws the engine management light when giving it some on a cold engine, I don't like doing this but where I work I have to cross a busy road and often giving it some welly is the only way to pull out. But the car feels like its hit a brick wall, light comes on then after a few seconds is fine, but it is quite dangerous.

For fear of sounding like your Mum its not a good Idea to race the engine when cold :eek: you should allow it to warm up for a few minutes firstespecially with a turbo. You should really get a diagnostics done if your getting warning lights popping up

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/general-discussion-2/how-contact-member-peugeot-planet-diagnostic-28190/

new map

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=214397633218647067111.0004dc947e5c1752ca0a2&msa=0&ll=54.521081,-1.647949&spn=10.175332,28.54248

Also when was it last serviced ( fluids & Filters )? Not when the guy who sold it to you told you it was last seviced :D

Some common issues with power loss / hesitation are

EGR Valve
MAF
Fuel Quality

Have a search on here for any of these theres lots of posts about them

·
Registered
32 Posts
Believe me, I hate thrashing the car from cold, it hurts every time I do it, but I have to turn right across a busy A road so the car sometimes gets a bit of stick to get up to speed, problem was my previous car (4.2 litre supercharged jag) just shrugged this little task off and barely went above 2000 rpm!

I bought the car off my friend, and I know when it was last serviced as I had it serviced for him, when I first got it it was fine, but this issue is becoming more and more problematic, so I will get the cars codes read. I shall try cleaning the MAF this weekend as it can't hurt!

I never put supermarket fuel in it, primarily it runs on esso diesel and I always fill it up.

It was weird it starts accelerating fine, then it sort of misses as it gets to around 2000 rpm, beeps, says engine repair needed, won't respond to the throttle for a couple of seconds, then is on its way again as if nothing happened.

Thanks for your help so far.

C

·
0 Posts
Believe me, I hate thrashing the car from cold, it hurts every time I do it, but I have to turn right across a busy A road so the car sometimes gets a bit of stick to get up to speed, problem was my previous car (4.2 litre supercharged jag) just shrugged this little task off and barely went above 2000 rpm!

I bought the car off my friend, and I know when it was last serviced as I had it serviced for him, when I first got it it was fine, but this issue is becoming more and more problematic, so I will get the cars codes read. I shall try cleaning the MAF this weekend as it can't hurt!

I never put supermarket fuel in it, primarily it runs on esso diesel and I always fill it up.

It was weird it starts accelerating fine, then it sort of misses as it gets to around 2000 rpm, beeps, says engine repair needed, won't respond to the throttle for a couple of seconds, then is on its way again as if nothing happened.

Thanks for your help so far.
Sounds like a limp home mode kicking in. I would let the engine warm up for 5 minutes before driving off if I had to jump accross a busy A road.
Make sure you get a proper Diagnostics with planet vai a member on here or dealer etc as generic code readers just dont cut the mustard as they miss certain codes etc etc

1 - 11 of 11 Posts