Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While driving down the m/way the car had a sudden power loss. on stopping the engine struggled to make 3k revs an when it did it sounded wheezy and coffed n spluttered. the cars a pug 1.6 hdi diesel. the recovery guy hadnt a clue to what was wrong..:confused:

·
Registered
14,541 Posts
Pull of your turbo intake pipe and see how your turbo looks it may well be siezed if it seems fine then next stage would be plugging into planet to look at LIVE DATA not fault codes
codes tell you what HAS happened live data tells you what IS happening now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The codes of which are two...p2408 and p1351. turbo seems ok a friend tried to drive it and white steam/smoke came from the exhaust. how do i find out if the cat has collapsed ?. thank you both

·
Registered
599 Posts
P2408 is related to the fuel cap sensor. The car injects additive every time the fuel cap is opened (and if there's a increase on the fuel level i assume). If the car doesn't sense this opening, it's not injecting additive, and not doing DPF Re-generations.

P1351 For SID 803, check the operation and output of the pre-heat control relay. SID is the ECU iirc.

Did you use PeugeotPlanet to get those code readings? Can you use it to check the DPF status ?

·
Registered
14,541 Posts
The codes mean nothing as i already said code reading after the fact does not help both those codes could be historic.

Did you check the oil level ?

HOW did you establish the turbo seems ok ?

If its smoking its turbo egr or bad injector related live data will help but so will going to someone who KNOWS the engine this is not the dealers :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
UNFORTUNATLY i dont know anyone with a reader. and obviously i dont know much about these engines..as your selves do.. who can i turn too???

1 - 9 of 9 Posts