Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, back on PSA car and i do apologise if the question was here. I am happy with my 1.6 Blue HDI 120 s/s but i do like to retrofit power folding mirrors, can it be done and is it hard to do? my car is 2015, also i am surprised that i have to hold the lock button to shut the windows? on all previous PSA car ive had to hold it just for 3 seconds... also, driver seat, do you find them comfortable?

·
Registered
978 Posts
I am happy with my 1.6 Blue HDI 120 s/s but i do like to retrofit power folding mirrors, can it be done and is it hard to do?
I don't know but I wouldn't be surprised if you need to change quite a few bits of wiring loom as well as just the mirrors.

...also i am surprised that i have to hold the lock button to shut the windows? on all previous PSA car ive had to hold it just for 3 seconds...
Apparently this is deliberate. It's supposed to be a safety thing as they were concerned that the previous full closure on press of a button carried a risk of trapping fingers, etc. Having to keep the button pressed makes closing a deliberate act.

... also, driver seat, do you find them comfortable?
Yes. Firm but not uncomfortable.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Would be worth having a look first behind the front door trims to see what connector plugs your car has fitted for the mirrors.

Look for extra wires on the car side of the wiring looms at the mirror connector plugs - you only need 2 extra wires for power fold.

You will also likely need to change the electric window / mirror switch in the drivers door as the selection switch for the mirrors also has the fold function button built in.

Likely need a session on Diagbox to activate the mirror folding function.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mr. Lee, yeah, that is actually good idea to check the wires, ill check it this weekend, well depends on weather of course :) it will be much easier to retrofit them, but having another problem now, cant find decent driving position on the firm seat, i think that the car is doing me headache, really weird.. :(

·
Registered
978 Posts
I don't know how tall you are but have you tried your seat on a high position?

My comment about wiring looms was anticipating the current ones not already having the extra wires. I used to think that looms would cover a lot of lesser models by simply not using the extra wires until I fitted an extra 12v socket in the rear of the car. I fully expected to find an unused connection but there was nothing and I had to run my own connection to the front of the car.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am 6ft 2ish, friend of mine had similar problem and he is shorter, allegedly the seat/steering wheel and pedal are not in line, so it takes a while to get use to it, well at least it worked for him... Ill check the connection, hopefully I'll find the extra wires, mine is just " active" model, it has nearly everything what I wanted, but the power folding mirrors would be nice feature

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
978 Posts
I am 6ft 2ish, friend of mine had similar problem and he is shorter, allegedly the seat/steering wheel and pedal are not in line, so it takes a while to get use to it, well at least it worked for him...
I'm about 5'9" - 5'10" nowadays so possibly taller than that is a problem.

... mine is just " active" model, it has nearly everything what I wanted, but the power folding mirrors would be nice feature
Same with us. Front parking sensors, reversing camera and rear privacy glass would be the only other things I could find a home for. Oh, LED headlights as well.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just been lok at the front parking sensors, I think they can be retrofited by dealer, same the rear camera, going to phone him tomorrow

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Reversing camera can only be retrofitted to versions which had the camera as an option when new. If the version you have didn't then the loom won't be there so retrofitting would be near impossible.

Though if you throw enough money at a problem, anything is possible - usually.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts