Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I changed and flushed the power steering system to remove all of the old fluid. Used Fluide DA.
After changing the power steering pump. Once I had started the car got the pump working and stopped the engine, I looked at the fluid level it was still good but was a cloudy pale orange colour.
Has anyone had this before. The system was cleaned out well.

·
Registered
22 Posts
How did you flush your system?
I have just bought a 407sw 2.0hdi and I'm getting overflowing and bubbling fluid. I know the wrong fluid is in there as the previous owner mentioned his top ups and before I heard about the importance of the DA fluid I topped it up as well!
I have s litre of the right stuff but am struggling to see what to to disconnect, maybe the return pipe on the pump?

·
6,314 Posts
It may just have been aeration of the fluid as it cleared the air out of the system recheck after its stood for a few hours

·
Registered
855 Posts
Also, apparently on the older 407's elctrohydraulic systems, you are meant to fill past the full mark to prevent aeration.

Best way is to disocnnect the return line and empty the system out that way. I'm far too lazy (and also wanted to use up the 1l of oil I bought but only needed 50ml)..... I used a hand pump, emptied the reservoir, refill with fresh, drive the car for a few weeks.... rinse repeat until the fresh oil runs out.

If you intend on keeping the car, keep about 100ml spare..... my powersteering fluid was on low again after 2 years!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts