Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I have a problem with 56 plate peugeot i just bought. Whenever i put the key in ignition, and everything works, but as soon as i take the key out, radio dies, and clock above dashboard resets, so every time i start the car, time resets to 00:00 and date to a date back in 2003. Any ideas why this might be happening?

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Low battery level. Possible the alternator isn't putting out enough charge but I'd suspect battery is at end of life and beyond being able to recharge.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The car starts first time all the time though. Another thing is that the key fob battery is dead. Shall i go get a new car battery while i wait for the key fob battery to arrive?

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
get the battery and alternator tested before you buy a battery, car spares shop normally do this free

·
Registered
362 Posts
It has the original radio? If an after market is installed, probably they connected it incorrectly as several display functions depends on it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Right, its all sorted! What it ended up being is that in the glove box fuse box, there is shunt which was placed into PARC rather than CLIENT. Its power saving feature, so when its parked for a period of time, the battery won't go flat. Thank you everyone for your inputs!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts