Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I'm a complete newbie with forums, so hope this is in the right place. :confused:

I have a 206 sw 03 plate and I have bought a Mutant stereo with usb, memory card, bluetooth etc and that's all hunky dory. My brother has fitted it for me, but the problem we've found is that when the engine is turned off, after a certain amount of time, all power to the unit is cut off, which obviously means all settings for the radio are lost. Whilst it's perfectly usable like this, it's frustrating and we can't seem to find anywhere that shows us clearly how we can resolve this problem. Is there a permanent power source that we can use and do we have to cut wires and reconnect. I ordered a wiring loom/harness thingumyjig, which sounded and looked right, but when arrived wasn't the thing needed.

So if there is anyone who can give us help on this I'd be very grateful.

I can be emailed direct on [email protected], otherwise I guess I log in and see if anyone has posted a response?

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there

I had a similar problem that after a short period of time (anything from 10 - 30 mins) the radio & cigarette lighter (when using mini hoover in the car) would cut out, and display would show economy mode.

After checking out the forums, it seems that as the battery is being drained while you're using the radio etc, when it drops to a certain level the car goes into 'economy mode' and will only re-activate once you have started the car (where the alternator will start recharging the battery) and the speedo has reached a certain speed (i think 5 mph)

The only solution i think, would be to wire the new stereo direct to the battery (and i would suggest putting an in line fuse on the positive supply - available from Halfords)

Hope this helps

Dave

1 - 2 of 2 Posts