Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I am looking to buy my wife a 307 XSi - 2.0L Petrol.

We are looking at 2 tomorrow and i wonder if there is anything i should pay close attention to?

The cars have 66k and 79k miles on them - could anyone tell me when the cambelt should be changed?

·
Registered
320 Posts
I've read that the timing belts are normally due 80,000 miles or 120,000km, but is strongly recommended that the interval is reduced to 40,000 miles or 60,000 km on cars that do lots of short journeys or lots of stop/start driving,so its kind of up yo you. you can always read thru any history you have and even remove the cover to check for signs of perishing or cracking to the belt and as always if you have your cambelt replaced go ahead and do your water pump at the same time,new belt with tensioners will put more strain on the old water pump and you'll end up having to strip it all down again.so its worth the few pounds and have it all done at the same time. and also just in case your not aware,don't jump start these cars,you can cause a spike and cause serious damage to the BSI which will cause you a huge headache and lots of £'s hope this helps. :thumb:

·
Registered
405 Posts
I think the thing to think when buying a second hand car is that the average joe does not tend to think of servicing frequently. So I would give it a good all round service and check everything over now you've got it. That's what I did when we brought our Xsi 2.0 and our Rapier 1.6 (mine). Glad I did it on my Rapier as the front brakes were about to start shredding my disc's.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi and thanks for the advice.

I have got it booked in for a timing belt kit/water pump change so I will give it a good service when I get it back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts