Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

Hope someone can help me out, need the exaction location of the camshaft sensor, ( a pic or diag ) would be nice, also the crankshaft one as it is prob that one that is really giving the probs..fault code P0340 . which says it is the camshaft sensor, but i have read that it could be the crankshaft sensor.

so anyone with a pic of the locations or diag ..would be greatful if you could post them .

Regards
Andy

D

·
0 Posts
It can be the valve timing also. If its on an 807, then is a necessity to check the valve timing!

·
Registered
15,101 Posts
What is actually wrong?

Cam sensor is on the head behind the cam pulley crank sensor is on gearbox at top of bellhousing

As said above on 16 valve engine it can be valve timing too

I am available i glasgow most days if you want help

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it's not actually my car, Although i do own a 807..it belongs to my niece..and it's a C8 which is the same as the 807..
it has the 2.2hdi engine..and she was driving the car along the motorway...and the car just cutout on her..AA guy shows up ..tows her home, and tells her he thinks it might be an airlock..IT AINT.

SO i ran the pp2000 software on it, and it comes back with the P0340 code.( it does have other BUT they arent causing a problem).

As for the cam sensor being behind the cam i know that.and the only plug i can see is the white one right behind the oil filler cap, on the cam cover (is that it?.), if thats it.is it held in place by a 5mm allen bolt ?..cause it's pita to see what kinda head it has.

RELIABLE 406...if you want to send me your mobile i will call you .

Regards
Andy

D

·
0 Posts
Doesn't mean the timing is not out. The belt may be damaged but not broken yet.

·
Registered
15,101 Posts
These engines can jump teeth and the belt is intact visually this will give you a cam and crank syncronisation code

GO into live data and check for cam and crank syncronisation But remember 1 tooth out the computer will still see it a syncronised

Try a squirt of carb cleaner in intake if it runs then you need to look elsewhere but i recon your belt has stripped teeth

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've had this same code after an engine rebuild. the rear camshaft pulley has some adjustment to ensure correct timing belt tension.

Mine was out slightly and caused this code and a no start.

Maybe the camshaft pulley has moved slightly

This is from the manual:

- Rotate the camshaft drive pulley in a clockwise direction until it is in the end of travel position in the slot.
- Tighten the camshaft drive pulley fixing bolts by hand and then loosen by by 1/6th of a turn.

The camshaft drive pulley should be able to rotate freely.

- Place the moving timing tensioner in the minimum tension position and tighten the bolt to a torque of 0.1 daNm.
- Fit the timing belt starting with the crankshaft pulley and continuing with the fixed tensioner, pressure pump, camshaft pulley, moving tensioner and water pump.
- Fit the C.TRONIC - 105.5 tool for checking the timing drive belt tension on the section of the drive pulley between the camshaft and the pressure pump.
- Using a square spanner, adjust the moving tensioner in an anti-clockwise direction until the recommended tension is reached, then tighten the tensioner bolt.

During this operation, check that the camshaft drive pulley is not in the end of travel position at the bottom of the slots, or else the procedure will have to be repeated.

- Remove the C.TRONIC 105.5 tool.
- Tighten the camshaft drive pulley fixing bolts using the counter-torque tool.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts