Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've still not solved the cold misfire issues on my 307, but had another thought on what it could be... The EGR valve.

When I bought the car, there was a couple of occasions where the AP fault warning would appear and at least once forced the car into limp home mode. I took it back to the dealer and they reportedly cleaned the EGR Valve and the fault didn't occur any more. However, I don't trust the dealer as they missed a fault code which clearly indicated a Cam Sensor fault which caused at least 5 occasions of cutting out (my usual garage found it straight away, replaced the sensor and the car has been fine since). Therefore, although there are about 2 weeks left on the warranty, I don't want to take it back to them especially given what they said to me when I called them about it :/

I have run Diagbox on the car and found no fault codes which would indicate a cause for the misfire. I have still not figured out how to record live data so am finding it difficult to run any live tests on the car when running. The misfiring occurs purely under load and goes away when the engine reaches normal running temperature. Turbo cuts in fine, no smoke from the car at all.

If anyone can offer any advice on how I can record live data on Diagbox, I would appreciate it. Failing that, I'm tempted to either clean the EGR (and test the actuation), or blank the whole thing off.

BTW, the car is a 2006 2.0HDI 136 with 110k miles

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To record live data, I use Auto Screen Recorder. It'll record what's happening on your laptop screen and save it as a video.

It might be worth taking the EGR valve off and giving it a clean.
Yup, I think for what it will cost (other than time), the EGR valve clean is worth doing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts