Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone, its been rather wet in Auckland recently and my partner today noticed that the carpet on the passenger (left) was quite wet. I had a deeper look just now and it seems the insulation underlay is also soaked through. Now, I'm obviously no expert but to me the floor pan looks completely sound, inside and out and there are not even any signs of rust or rot in the entire area. I'm just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience and managed to find where water was coming from, maybe behind the wheel, door sills etc...or if they managed to solve the issue somehow and dry the damn thing out!

Thanks so much

·
Registered
356 Posts
Have you had the windscreen replaced recently? They are glued in, I had a leak on the right side of mine after it was replaced. I took it back and they refitted it.
Be very aware that a water leak from the left side is very important as the BSI sits just under the windscreen. If you get water in that then the whole electronics of the car goes haywire.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you had the windscreen replaced recently? They are glued in, I had a leak on the right side of mine after it was replaced. I took it back and they refitted it.
Be very aware that a water leak from the left side is very important as the BSI sits just under the windscreen. If you get water in that then the whole electronics of the car goes haywire.
oh goodness. That sounds like a pretty much worst case scenario, hopefully! I haven’t had any work done on the windscreen, and currently all evidence seems to suggest it’s come in around sill level, just going by what was wet and what wasn’t! I’ll have a deeper investigation higher up in the dash as well just in case!

·
7,059 Posts
Check the skuttle under the plastic cover below the windscreen the drain from this area can get blocked and water collects in the skuttle and then leaks into the passenger footwell

Reactions: hdsnvlkhn

·
12,249 Posts
For the boot, but might give you an idea at how tricky it can be!

And my guide for the scuttle repair:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Amazing! Thanks very much for the tips, I’ll have a good look and might evaluate how well the sealant around the scuttle is looking as well!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
UPDATE

totally flummoxed at this point. I’ve cleared any and all debris from the vents without going as far as removing the scuttle (possibly may still attempt when I don’t need to use the car over the weekend) howeve I have found drips of water in the cabin! They are located pretty much in the centre on the footwell on the left, directly under the lower edge of the glovebox and there is no trace of water above! Where is it coming from Clouseau! (His name is Clouseau)

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
A couple of drops is not a lot but is a leak! Could be windscreen leak. Try fitting some blotting paper up as near as you can underneath to more pin point the whereabouts. Get somebody to pour water over the areas whilst you are inside and watching as well as when running the engine but do them separately. so as to define which is the source.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts