Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As above really, my Dad has just forked out for a new solid flywheel and clutch and now the AC compressor has decided to start failing.

When the car is running there is a clicking sound coming from the unit and the mechanic has assured us it does seem to be the unit on the way out.

Now, my question is, is it possible to put a new aux belt on the car which is intended for a car without AC therefore omitting the unit from the system....... can it be done?

Just trying to save some pennies allthough I have seen the units on ebay for £127 with 6 months warrenty, so there would be fitting and gassing on top of that so not too bad I suppose

·
Registered
906 Posts
damers2000 said:
As above really, my Dad has just forked out for a new solid flywheel and clutch and now the AC compressor has decided to start failing.

When the car is running there is a clicking sound coming from the unit and the mechanic has assured us it does seem to be the unit on the way out.

Now, my question is, is it possible to put a new aux belt on the car which is intended for a car without AC therefore omitting the unit from the system....... can it be done?

Just trying to save some pennies allthough I have seen the units on ebay for £127 with 6 months warrenty, so there would be fitting and gassing on top of that so not too bad I suppose
yes you can replace the belt and tension it appropriately to omit it...

and then disable the aircon system as the ecu will detect and report fault..

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
update, managed to get a used unit from a breakers for the sum of...........

£25!

Going to get it sorted for him and regassed for the sum of £125, quite pleased with that

1 - 4 of 4 Posts