Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I went on a short journey in the cold yesterday, when I pulled up I noticed a clicking noise from the rear of the car. I had a quick look underneath and saw the attached images, which I think might be oil. After restarting my car since then there is no click noise, in general the car always starts up normally. There are no puddles under the car

It’s a 207 sport 1.6 hdi diesel - 2007 with 47k miles

Is this something to worry about or is it me overreacting?

Thanks in advance for any advice ! :lol:

Attachments

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Your not going to get an oil leak that far back as engine is at the front.

MIGHT be eolys leaking as its brown and sticky and at the back but it would not click.

Clicking noise is probably just the exhaust cooling down

·
Registered
822 Posts

MIGHT be eolys leaking as its brown and sticky and at the back but it would not click.

The additive pump clicks when it pumping reliable.
If you are getting eolys leaking, needs looking at asap, as this would suggest none is going into the fuel tank, which means none into the dpf.
Could just be a clogged pipe from pump to tank, if so about £10 from main dealer for new one.
Worth getting planet plugged in and get a test ran on dpf pump to make sure its delivering the correct amount.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Thanks for quick response, just had it looked at by garage round the corner that said exactly the same eolys leak. But by look of it slow leak, plenty left in the bag and I have no error message. They said it’s ok for now but will need repairing in feb/ earlier if the leak gets worse or error message comes up. Approx £200-£300 repair, is this the going rate ? Thanks !

·
Registered
822 Posts
give area a good a clean and try to work out if its leaking from connector or the tank/pump.
if its from connector then a new pipe is needed from pump to fuel tank.
if its leaking from pump/tank then its a new tank and pump plus new additive.
pipe from main dealer about £10 plus 1 hour labour to fit.
new tank plus additive about £300 and 2.5 hours labour.
hope its just the pipe mate.
don't leave it, as can damage dpf if no additive is being added.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hope it’s just the pipe ! Will get it properly seen too in a few weeks just don’t have the money at the moment
Based in lincoln

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Additive pump does indeed click but not when you turn the car off hence i dismissed that as a possible reason !

Additive is pumped after refueling not constantly

1 - 8 of 8 Posts