Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When i am in 4th gear and i pull away i have noticed it 3 times that the car revs very slightly before calming down on ther revs and puling away, it seems as though it is the first signs of the car clutch slipping.

If this is the case is there anything i can do to stop it as it is something that has only just happened, i drive 400 miles a week and prob wont notice it for a while then all of a sudden it will happen?

I dont mind looking at changing the clutch but not if i dont have to?/

Anyone know of this>

Cheers

mike

·
Registered
10 Posts
It is sounds very likely you need a new clutch, or it could also be a gearbox input shaft seal or engine bigend bearing seal oil leak, which can contaminate the clutch plate causing it to slip. Either way, it is a gearbox off job to check. How many mileage has it done?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If it is just slipping a little bit now could it just be the clutch plate? It has done it a few times today, only in 5tha nd 6th and when you are not going too quick and put your foot down, the torque kicks in and the revs slightly go up, it will need looking at now, how much would you reckon for a clutch plate??

Cheers

MIke

pug-306 said:
If the clutch plate is worn it will get worse, and worse.

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
Change clutch and thrust bearing 8 hours labour £160 , clutch between £100-£130 ,price dealers as well sometimes they can surprise you , i was quoted £60 plus vat but couldn`t wait but maybe thats just my local dealers.

Total - £300ish

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I havge the 2.0 136 bhp engine, i know a good mechanic so i think ill have a word with them,, try and wangle a servie ansd the labour and ill supply the bits, see what they say!

Cheers everyone

·
Registered
93 Posts
Dunno if they are cable or hydraulic activated clutch, but if cable, you should make sure that the clutch is being released properly when you let your foot off the pedal. This would also give the symptoms you describe. You will need someone to look at the clutch lever whilst you press the pedal in the car, make sure it returns to position immediately.
Another way to test for clutch slip is to change up to top gear at a low speed and floor the throttle. If you clutch is slipping the revs will rise disproportionately when engine power kicks in.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
it definately does that, i have tested sticking it in 6th at low speed, putting my foot down and the revs go up, only by a short amouint but still it slips, doesnt do it in any other gears but with the driving i do i am always in 5th or 6th so bit of a pain really?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts