Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi folks got a problem with my 2001 307 2.0 hdi 110bhp come out to it the other night and battery drained thought i'd left lights on anyway sourced another battery today and car fired up no problem left it outside the house and half an hour later my neighbour knocking saying i'd left lights on :s went out to car fired it up and checked switch lights were off so knocked car off and sat in car and heard the bsi tripping every 3/4 minutes after maybe 6 times tripping on comes dipped front lights and a few dash lighjts hence why battery draining! am new to peugeot ownership can anyone shed some light on this before it ends up in the local scrapyard haha!

·
5,830 Posts
with the wonderfull weather over the last week or so. First check would be Water ingress in BSI/underbonnet fuse box.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
off the top of my head its puttng the stop light,battery light and airbag light on the dash and switching front dipped lights on but no rear lights :s! starngely enough it was after driving it in the tuesday night downpour that this started i've had the bsi out and cleaned the boards up with electrical cleaner i'll give the under bonnet fusebox a look today!

·
Registered
586 Posts
Although fuseboxes cause problem it usually stems from water ingress from washer pump and coolant level sensors going pourous and allowing water to travel up the system to the fusebox. Yours may also be the fan relays by the coolant fan. It might be woth checking these and their connectors.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Will be giving the electrics a god going over today if I get no joy it'll be getting broken for spares need a reliable car for 6am work starts and having to reconnect battery and reset bsi every time I get in is tiresome haha! Cheers for all the info mate :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts