Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, looking for a bit of possible diagnosis before heading over to the local mechanic...

Got a 307 SW, wasn't expensive, had it's issues but been a good car! So, i'm determined to return the favour ;)

Currently, when pulling off - say onto a roundabout and giving it some beans, the driver side front wheel seems to "slip" and give a type of "clicking" noise... been doing it for a few weeks now and appears to be more regular.

Then, yesterday, I was on a slip road getting back onto the A1 when it started giving off some noise, similar to a bearing - but not quite. Was a little more pronounced when turning right. It only lasted a minute or so, then settled down again.

Eager to figure out all the car's issues in the next few weeks as "MOT d-day" approaches... Missus has said that if it's above a certain amount £££ wise, she'll be going to the scrappy - and, if I'm honest, even with 137k on the clock, i've gotten attached to my idaho green "pack horse"!

Any advice greatly appreciated!

Dom.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Hi,

Sounds like the CV joint to me.

The wheel bearing can cause a clunking noise depending on how badly its worn but normally has the normal 'drone' noise.

I'd have a look at the CV. Shouldn't cost too much. probably an hours labour + the part.

Also might be worth checking the bottom ball joint as if this is loose/worn, it could caust a clonking too.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Spanner.
I had a feeling it was likely to be one or the other - but then started second guessing myself!

I'll get her into the garage.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts