Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have brought used 3008 GT 2.0 BlueHDi 2017 model. Before i brought it, i thought in GT model all the futures are included except Grip Control. But now i realized that it is not the case. In my car, i don't have visio pack 2 which will provide front camera, and park assist as well as Focal sound system.

Now the question is, is it possible get those now from a dealer or we can only get tnose future during manufacturing in which case i won't be able to get.

Regards,
Baji

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
You can not retrofit those features, as far as I know.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Technically it is possible, just very expensive.
For instance, you'll also need another.hardware module to switch between the 2 cameras. And maybe more "unexpected" hardware...

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Why not? Everything is possible. I didn't have reverse camera, now I have it.
Not at peugeot, that is what I meant. Everything is possible, with enough money.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all. I contacted Peugeot dealer for the possible options. Let's see.

One thing I don't understand is, in 2017 GT model, Visio Park 2 along with Park Assist comes as standard which means they should be there unlike some futures like FOCAL seems to be optional which is ok for not in the car. So not sure what exactly happened,

Regards,
Baji

·
Registered
200 Posts
I checked the Peugeot specs for June, October and November 2017 as well as March 2018; the Visio 2 is only shown as a £450 option. So I don't think it has ever been standard on the GT.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi,

Thanks for the response. Below is the snippet from July 2017 Spec sheet and below is what I see.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Interesting. It seems to depend on the territory for which the spec sheet is given. I found the same as you did for Ireland-spec models. Australian models get rear camera as standard on all models and front camera from Allure up. The spec sheets I have are for the UK.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Interesting. It seems to depend on the territory for which the spec sheet is given. I found the same as you did for Ireland-spec models. Australian models get rear camera as standard on all models and front camera from Allure up. The spec sheets I have are for the UK.
Could you please share the spec sheet you have for UK? I didn't realize we have different specs for the same model for same year.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Personally I've found the parking cameras front and back including the pseudo top down view to be pretty terrible. Really very blurred and shockingly bad night vision. Sometimes it's like looking through a scotch egg in the fog. I tend not to bother with it now.

So do definitely try it out on another car with it fitted before putting any hard earned cash into an upgrade.

My last car a Merc, which was substantially cheaper acquired new than my current Hybrid4 had vastly superior parking sensors and camera. That was a 7 year old model. For the sake of another couple hundred quid for better cameras and high resolution screen I dont know why Peugeot does this thing where they put great stuff together with total dross. Really odd.

Sorry I'm ranting probably because I drove over the wife's plants on our steep sloping driving as I was reversing up it earlier. Couldn't see a thing in the reversing camera. Nada. Too dark. Clear as day in the old Merc.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
200 Posts
I've found the rear camera ok but I don't have a front. My last car was a 2015 Qashqai with 360º cameras (front, rear, both mirrors) and they were super useful, though definition probably wasn't any better than the 3008's. It's too bad Peugeot didn't offer it as an option as the parts must be dirt cheap by now. It's the only thing I miss.

I hope wifey is talking to you again by the end of the weekend. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
409 Posts
I've found the rear camera ok but I don't have a front. My last car was a 2015 Qashqai with 360º cameras (front, rear, both mirrors) and they were super useful, though definition probably wasn't any better than the 3008's. It's too bad Peugeot didn't offer it as an option as the parts must be dirt cheap by now. It's the only thing I miss.

I hope wifey is talking to you again by the end of the weekend. :rolleyes:
I wonder if the facelift 3008 model has got a camera and screen upgrade?

I'm going to be in the dog house for a while. Ornamental grasses or something. Versus 2 tonnes of AWD.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I’d agree. I've had two GT's, the last one with the Focal and Visio2 pack fitted as standard. Great car and fab sound system.

I'd like to hope PSA however at long last update the cameras with the facelift, but the poor camera quality criticism has been levelled for around 4 years and affects not just the 3008.

The front camera on the 3008 I never actually found useful at all. Very poor quality image and doesn’t come on when you need it to either. I daily when getting home, drove straight onto my drive and up to my garage door. The front camera seemed to only come on automatically if you have just reversed. By the time I’ve faffed about remembering which touchscreen button combination shows the front camera, I’ve probably already hit the door! The strange split front view which I never trusted as I couldn't figure out quite what the fuzzy image was showing!

The rear camera was also a rather poor image quality and in particular at night. The composed overhead view which often showed with a block over it, as you’d only just started the car wasn’t great either. PSA did on the 2014 C4 Picasso’s, have fisheye lenses on the bottom of both door mirrors. This made the 360 view much improved.

Fingers crossed we see a proper part replacement with higher definition cameras.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I’d agree. I've had two GT's, the last one with the Focal and Visio2 pack fitted as standard. Great car and fab sound system.

I'd like to hope PSA however at long last update the cameras with the facelift, but the poor camera quality criticism has been levelled for around 4 years and affects not just the 3008.

The front camera on the 3008 I never actually found useful at all. Very poor quality image and doesn’t come on when you need it to either. I daily when getting home, drove straight onto my drive and up to my garage door. The front camera seemed to only come on automatically if you have just reversed. By the time I’ve faffed about remembering which touchscreen button combination shows the front camera, I’ve probably already hit the door! The strange split front view which I never trusted as I couldn't figure out quite what the fuzzy image was showing!

The rear camera was also a rather poor image quality and in particular at night. The composed overhead view which often showed with a block over it, as you’d only just started the car wasn’t great either. PSA did on the 2014 C4 Picasso’s, have fisheye lenses on the bottom of both door mirrors. This made the 360 view much improved.

Fingers crossed we see a proper part replacement with higher definition cameras.
Hope so.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts