Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I noticed the other day whilst sitting at a red light that the engine was being abit out of sorts. When I got home I left it running and got out an herd a popping noise it was coming from the exhaust. I put my hand near the exhaust and could feel it popping away. Any suggestions? Also I was driving home a couple of days ago and when approaching the motorway I put my foot down to get some speed and it had no power, I was stuck at 45 mph in 4th gear and then dropped down and still nothing was there to give me speed. I have noticed to that if I pull away at a junction in 1st an less than 2k rpm it's abit shuddery. Is that my driving or could all this be connected? No fault lights have yet appeared. Thanks

D

·
0 Posts
Normal, dont worry about it. They all make the same noise.

Sent from my GT-S5690

·
Registered
586 Posts
There was a mod where they placed a centre box into the exhaust system but that was down to chassis number. If yours has not got a centre box then it might be worth a try.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Well there is a Peugeot mod which says fit a modified exhaust with a centre box first before anything else

D

·
0 Posts
Honestly there is no point whatsoever spending money on a new exhaust sytemem for your car when the sound is actually a characteristic of every 207 with the 1.4, 8 & 16 valve engine. This is normal, its not a problem. You will only hear these noises when you rev the engine at standstill and not.on the open road.

But hey its not my money!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts