Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently my pug has developed a million faults.

The main problem though is that as I'm accelerating it will take about 2 seconds for some proper power to come in , but then as accelerating I can feel the boost coming on and off.

Its drivable but bloody annoying.

Hdi 110

Any ideas?

P

·
0 Posts
Recently my pug has developed a million faults.

The main problem though is that as I'm accelerating it will take about 2 seconds for some proper power to come in , but then as accelerating I can feel the boost coming on and off.

Its drivable but bloody annoying.

Hdi 110

Any ideas?
When was car last serviced? Has anyone hooked up diagnostic gear and had a look?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When was car last serviced? Has anyone hooked up diagnostic gear and had a look?

Was serviced about 1000 miles ago.

Nah its not been hooked up yet because I don't fancy paying 50 quid for somebody to turn up with their laptop and not find the fault which is what's happened the last few times.

I will do if it doesn't appear to be a common fault, I thought maybe it would be a simple fix like clean the impossible to get to EGR valve..

2.0 110

·
5,630 Posts
Could be DPF becoming blocked making turbo lag from back pressure, boost control solenoid or slight vac leak, you could try blanking egr vac pipe to see if it improves things.

I have also had one with a sticking one way valve in vac pump causing issues, however that was intermittent and main symptom was no boost below about 2500 rpm then boost would suddenly kick in.

Was fuel filter changed at service as when these start to clog you can get power loss and longer term when more clogged engine light on

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Could be DPF becoming blocked making turbo lag from back pressure, boost control solenoid or slight vac leak, you could try blanking egr vac pipe to see if it improves things.

I have also had one with a sticking one way valve in vac pump causing issues, however that was intermittent and main symptom was no boost below about 2500 rpm then boost would suddenly kick in.

Was fuel filter changed at service as when these start to clog you can get power loss and longer term when more clogged engine light on
Yeah fuel filter was also changed.

I just unplugged the maf sensor and went for a drive and it was perfect. Plugged it back in and the problem returned.

Will it cause any issues driving without the maf plugged in until I can source a new maf sensor?

·
5,630 Posts
Should be fine ecu switches to MAP values to calculate fuel etc. You could try cleaning MAF with a squirt of brake or carb cleaner.

May not be faulty MAF as disconnecting it stops EGR operation as ECU cannot calculate air mass. Blank the vac line to egr valve and reconnect MAF to check

P

·
0 Posts
I've been driving a month with it disconnected, think using default values you may see drop if MPG.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've been driving a month with it disconnected, think using default values you may see drop if MPG.
ah right.

i was just worried about it going into limp mode.

when my differential pressure sensor packed in it went into limp mode and was stuck in limp mode even after changing the sensor, i had to pay somebody with planet another 50 quid just to reset the fault to get it back out of limp mode.

·
5,630 Posts
£50 for a code read and clear sounds a bit steep you should contact someone on Planet map on here I am sure it would be cheaper

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
ah right.

i was just worried about it going into limp mode.

when my differential pressure sensor packed in it went into limp mode and was stuck in limp mode even after changing the sensor, i had to pay somebody with planet another 50 quid just to reset the fault to get it back out of limp mode.
Might be an Idea to put your location in your Signature you may live round the corner from a Forum planet owner :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts