Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
I have an issue with my new to me 307cc HDI 135, its very poor at starting and smokes like mad for a few minutes once it finally gets going.
It feels like its missing on one or more cylinders and gives off some rather impressive "blueish" smoke signals while doing it which my neighbours do not really appreciate. (its very smelly and hurts your throat/eyes if you get a face full of it)
I have checked and cleared the fault codes, driven it for a while and now have two faults showing, P1351 and P1351P which look like they are related to glow plug/pre-heater circuit and the emissions system.
Once the cars cleared itself it runs fine and performs well.
The heater plug solenoids been changed as that was an easy and cheap thing to do as I had access to a known good one but that has not altered anything.
Next thought is glow plugs. (a beggar of a job if what I Have read is correct)
Has anyone has a similar experience and is this most likely down to the glow plugs and regeneration not happening as it should?
The smoke is worrying me at startup but there no sign of the engine using oil excessively.

·
Registered
14,651 Posts
You need to see live data readings fault codes only give you half the story but the glowplugs are not the reason.

It would have been useful to see ALL the codes you had.

You MAY need to replace the glowplugs to make it regen but they wont help the starting/smoking issue.

Sounds more like a poor injector that is not flowing correct amount of fuel but it could also be egr related the smoke is fuel not oil

The glowplug fault is active on most HDI engines without causing any symptoms or issues

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The other codes were P0299, P0238 and P2562 but thay have not returned since I found a fault in a vacuum line that I have fixed.
The turbo up until the vacuum line been fixed was doing nothing power wise for the car and now it appears to be working fine, it was like driving an old naturally aspirated diesel with lots noise and little go.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your help with this, I have managed to acquire a pair of known good injectors to do some testing on a basis that if they do not fix the issue I can return them, I will replace cylinders two and three first as they are the most likely to have faults (normally get hotter than the outside cylinders)and after that I will try one and four if needed.
Will also try to check the DPF regen cycles but not sure if I can with the gear I have.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts