Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i have 307 1.4 hdi and trouble starting but will start after few turnovers.been told have air leak as diesel running back into tank.ive changed filter and manual fuel primer plus hoses.just wondering if any1 had any more ideas eg non return valve,would this work.

thanks for the help

·
Registered
24 Posts
Diagnostic check. See the planet map thread
we have a 1.4 hdi with the same fault , planet didnt show anything apart from an old intermittent flow meter fault, we have resorted to the old way of substituting the fuel pipes for clear pipes to narrow it down, have eliminated tank to filter and then to primer bulb so far, but had to leave for dinner, got to check around pump area/rear of engine tomorrow

·
Registered
24 Posts
incedentally, ours is starting fine but low on power, if you are getting air in and fuel is draining back to tank it would suggest that your air leak is higher up on the engine than our leak as we dont have any draindown what i did was to cut the end connectors off the old black plastic pipes and change the black plastic for clear tube

·
Registered
24 Posts
And you've not investigated this? :confused:
yes it had a new one just before we got it, have cleared faults and they have not returned so just the air issue to deal with, its a bit of a bugger to get at the pipe connections on the back of the engine, i only got as far as removing the exhaust and halfway through getting the starter off today something else came up

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Changed harness and starts better but still takes awhile to kick in.anymore ideas would help. thanks:thumb:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts