Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sure that the bulb comes on but the effect is difficult to see. I have asked the main dealer whether a "fix" is possible (even just putting a more powerful bulb in), but have been told NO.
Three things irritate me; the bulb is so weak, it is on the passenger side where it is less useful and it is behind a red part of the glass/perspex lens. To make matters worse, I saw a VW which had FOUR reversing lights all of them standard fittings! At present I am using the brake lights intermittently to help out. The car only had 13 miles on the clock when I bought it a few weeks ago so it is not an age thing. Is this a recognised fault?
If anyone knows of a suitable fix that would not infringe the remaining two years warranty I would be grateful. Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am sure that the bulb comes on but the effect is difficult to see. I have asked the main dealer whether a "fix" is possible (even just putting a more powerful bulb in), but have been told NO.
Three things irritate me; the bulb is so weak, it is on the passenger side where it is less useful and it is behind a red part of the glass/perspex lens. To make matters worse, I saw a VW which had FOUR reversing lights all of them standard fittings! At present I am using the brake lights intermittently to help out. The car only had 13 miles on the clock when I bought it a few weeks ago so it is not an age thing. Is this a recognised fault?
If anyone knows of a suitable fix that would not infringe the remaining two years warranty I would be grateful. Thanks.
I have a 308 touring and it is bloody appalling that they fit such a crap light, I have taken it up with Peugeot and they say it meets design rules which call for a reverse indicator light, but there is no requirement for it to actually provide any illumination to aid your reversing. They say no fix available, I am going to buy a small Led spot light and have an auto electrician wire it in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts