Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently purchased a 2007 307sw 136 HDI.

Radio reception is not great and will often skip over stations while tuning. After reading threads on forum thought it may be corrosion on amplified base so I set to and gained access. Base was clean inside and out but to my surprise it appears to be a non amplified aerial.

Any ideas?
Can amplified aerial be fitted instead - where does power lead go?

P

·
0 Posts
Recently purchased a 2007 307sw 136 HDI.

Radio reception is not great and will often skip over stations while tuning. After reading threads on forum thought it may be corrosion on amplified base so I set to and gained access. Base was clean inside and out but to my surprise it appears to be a non amplified aerial.

Any ideas?
Can amplified aerial be fitted instead - where does power lead go?
Have you also checked the plugs where the base connects to the car? I spent ages thinking it was the base that was at fault, turned out to be the plugs that had gone faulty.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not had chance to pull radio out yet - need to dig out my keys, but unless its been out for any reason in past I'm not sure it will be a loose aerial plug, still worth checking tho.

The base itself is non amplified so only the metal pronged nut and single aerial lead. All checked out ok.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's the one I stripped mine all the way down could not get a good connection

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Had another play and all connectors seemed fine. I picked up a cheap amplified base/aerial and hooked it up but no improvement.

I'm starting to suspect the head unit is not powering aerial correctly -any way of checking or is there a diag menu similar to on some vw.
If its not powering could it be powered using an inline amplifier designed for aftermarket stereos?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts