Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
New on this forum,
We have just purchased a fantastic looking 207 GT 2008, 92000 miles.
Only had the beast 5 days but must say driving at night we think the lighting is pretty poor? any ideas too improve brightness/ newbulbs?
Also the rear view mirror what does that little button do ..we press it and a light comes on "green" but do not notice what it does?
Rear passenger and rear screen tinted.
Sorry for boring questions but it would be great for some advice..
Regards Keithtoon.:confused:

·
Registered
9 Posts
A close family member of mine has a 2008 207 with halogen headlights. The dip beam headlights wouldn't really be that bright, but I guess everyone's comparison may be different, depending on what other cars you drive.

The 207 does have a tendancy to go through quite a few bulbs. Dip beam bulbs in particular. Just check that the bulbs are clipped into the plug fully. Just today at work, I noticed the difference that a loose connection can make. Also, are your headlights cloudy?

Here's an excerpt from the owners manual, regarding the rear view mirror. If the rear window is tinted, that would reduce some glare by itself I guess.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Urban,
Yeah cloudy headlights used the toothpaste cleaning method slightly better.
Will invest in new bulbs methinks, apparently 130% brighter!
Thank you for the "rear view mirror advice.
Loving the car with its minor faults!!
A/Will discuss passenger wing mirror not moving to closed position when locking car.
B/ thhinking of buy a "RD4" (hopefully correct) radio as the one in car is a non standard Sony Bluetooth non CD playing, as i want to adjust clock and date.(as new battery was fitted at garage i thought it was just a simple adjust job..Grrrr Tried Radio and Stalk but does not talk to clock! Grrrrr
Have a great weekend guys:)
Regards
Keith.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts