Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know a while ago, there was talk of bushes on here somewhere, but it petered off.
I have fitted a set of Brembo discs and pads on the car today, and I noticed that the rear control arm bush is dead. Only been on 18 months! At least I know it is not the clutch causing the juddering now.
I am going to get some, or at least I would really like to, some poly bushes for the control arm, rather than buying control arms with bushes already in.
Can anyone advise on this at all? Either through experience or other knowledge please?

Thanks,

Neil

·
Registered
228 Posts
I've had positive experience with poly bushes on land rovers - positive enough to say that I'll probably be using them on my 307, unless the oem ones are significantly cheaper... Polys are a damn sight easier to fit for one thing.

Whether that helps you or not is something I can't decide ;)

·
Registered
228 Posts
Just for clarity, I was using the term poly bushes to mean bushes made from polyurethane - not necessarily the 'polybush' trade name ;)

Powerflex are alright though, let me know how they work out?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have ordered some, but do not know when I will be able to fit them. I had trouble enough the other day fitting new discs and pads because of a motorbike injury, and there are a few more grunts needed for doing bushes.
I will post an update though, for sure.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I'm interested too

Are you swapping both of the bushes??

Also will you be fitting a new hub pin bush??

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
74 Posts
I had the powerflex ones fitted to my 307, as I was continuously replacing the rubber ones which had worn away , best thing I've had done , they make the car stiff and handle a lot better and once done you don't have to worry about the rubber ones perishing

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm interested too

Are you swapping both of the bushes??

Also will you be fitting a new hub pin bush??

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk
If you mean both as in both sides, yes. If you mean both bushes on each wishbone, no. Not yet anyway. I am sure that they will destroy themselves soon enough with the stiffer rear ones, and they will get replaced then. I am going to swap them all on an as needed basis. Paying out that much money on something I can't see would be too painful lol.

Got a bloody airbag fault to sort as well as of yesterday. GRRRR!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts