Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just gone to change the pollen filter because theres a funny smell in the car when the blowers are on and theres wasent a filter in it would this have caused any damage????

·
11,873 Posts
It depends what's been sucked in. Pollen filters are a relatively new thing and cars got by for many years without them. I had a leaf get sucked into my MGF's heater, and it make a horrible clicky sound as the fan blades caught it and it was a bugger of a job to strip down and get it out only for it to happen a week later!

If it were me I'd strip down whatever parts I could easily get to and then get the vacuum cleaner in there to pull out what's already gone in.

When I clean my pollen filters I usually find bits of leaves and hairs that have been pulled in from outside.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
just gone to change the pollen filter because theres a funny smell in the car when the blowers are on and theres wasent a filter in it would this have caused any damage????
they are there to stop pollutants and allergens such as pollen into the car...so the only damage is to your lungs! :lol:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts