Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

these plugs are out of my 207sw 1.4 s vti 2007.
do they look older then 3 months?
I bought the car 3 months ago with a so say service,air filter was new so is the oil/oil filter but these plugs dont.

I have now renewed them myself.
cheers guys

Stu G

Keep up the good work guys,through this forum i have found a close by,cheap and reliable diagnosis chap.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
View attachment 31930

these plugs are out of my 207sw 1.4 s vti 2007.
do they look older then 3 months?
I bought the car 3 months ago with a so say service,air filter was new so is the oil/oil filter but these plugs dont.

I have now renewed them myself.
cheers guys

Stu G

Keep up the good work guys,through this forum i have found a close by,cheap and reliable diagnosis chap.
changing spark plugs is not required on every service same happened when my gf bought her car but not worth the argument for £9 for 4 ngk spark plugs

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
You get a better indication of how old they really are from the other end as older plugs will have marks where the rubber boot stops covering the insulator but the pic looks to me like they have been there a while.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Certainly they look overdue for changing.
However some engines service schedules only require plug changes at 100.000 mile intervals.
In the days of leaded petrol plugs wouldn't last much more than the 12.000 mile recommended change interval because the ceramic insulator would build up a film of lead oxide and start breaking down.
When I service a petrol engine car I change the plugs anyway, not because they need changing, (mostly they don't), but the customers expect them to be changed. The same goes with air filters and fuel filters.
We might as well take the profit on new parts fitted unecessarily as argue with customers who think we haven't serviced their car correctly.

Roger.

·
6,461 Posts
If i remember correctly 60K miles on VTI engine for plug replacement as OEM fit is iridium plugs

·
Registered
24 Posts
Is it just me or does the buildup of particles on those plugs to say they are 3 months old look right. Not a expert but looks as thought the engine is showing signs of not burning the fuel efficiently.

I could be totally wrong though

·
Registered
30 Posts
....... Not a expert but looks as thought the engine is showing signs of not burning the fuel efficiently.
Those plugs look frazzled. Are they the correct heat-range plugs for your motor as they look like they are too hot? Either that or the fuel/air mixture is too weak. The plugs should be a mid-to-light brown colour.
Kenzo

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Kenzo; The plugs should be a mid-to-light brown colour. Kenzo[/QUOTE said:
Not so with unleaded petrol. It used to be you looked at the plugs to see how the engine was behaving. I think your plugs are either incorrect or are well overdue for changing.

Roger.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts