Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
I would be skeptical to be honest, it plugs into what i would think is the fuel pressure sensor plug? (someone may correct me on this)

I think it tells the ecu to adjust the fuel pressure, not sure how safe it is fooling the ecu rather than using the manufacturer specific sensor that is reading the actual pressure at varied rates..

I have not experienced these personally, im just going off what i deduce this to be.

Ade.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would be skeptical to be honest, it plugs into what i would think is the fuel pressure sensor plug? (someone may correct me on this)

I think it tells the ecu to adjust the fuel pressure, not sure how safe it is fooling the ecu rather than using the manufacturer specific sensor that is reading the actual pressure at varied rates..

I have not experienced these personally, im just going off what i deduce this to be.

Ade.
I bet you right and it would probably bring a error on the car. But as I said my mates berlingo is a lot better with one like this. The only thing is that his is not a turbo o and not a pug lol

·
Registered
171 Posts
Loll well its a Citroen, engines are pretty similar, so you may get similar results.
Wouldn't like to arse about with it myself, a few years ago i did some testing of cheap Vs expensive modifications with the company i worked with at the time and we found some bloody gems in the pretty boxes we bought!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Your sort of in the middle of the 2, Mr Whippy is in Leeds and Pro Steve is in Gloucester.

Beauty of these guys though, you pull off your original map and then send it to them via email. Wait like a day (maximum) and then re-upload it to the car. This way, you always have the original map incase you sell. Can all be done in a day and you'd only have to walk to the car twice (of course you need access to a laptop and a remapping tool (galetto 1260 is the cheapest).

If your interested, I can give you the details of a chap in Brum that will happily help you remap your car for the cost of a pint.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Your sort of in the middle of the 2, Mr Whippy is in Leeds and Pro Steve is in Gloucester.

Beauty of these guys though, you pull off your original map and then send it to them via email. Wait like a day (maximum) and then re-upload it to the car. This way, you always have the original map incase you sell. Can all be done in a day and you'd only have to walk to the car twice (of course you need access to a laptop and a remapping tool (galetto 1260 is the cheapest).

If your interested, I can give you the details of a chap in Brum that will happily help you remap your car for the cost of a pint.
The lead and disk is a good price but would I need them if I went to see your chap in brum?;)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Pay for the remap and give that guy a small crate of booze for his time.

I've just emailed him to see if he's free first though, no point telling you all this and he doesn't have the tools any more :p

EDIT: Your only an hour from Mr Whippy (In leeds), might cost a little more, but your in the hands of a pro and he can tune the car to how you want it.

Assuming you don't have an intercooler, obviously your limited in what sort of power you can expect. Generally a safe level without an intercooler is 125BHP and what ever torque that produces.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Pay for the remap and give that guy a small crate of booze for his time.

I've just emailed him to see if he's free first though, no point telling you all this and he doesn't have the tools any more :p
Thanks mate but it will not be for a month or so as ive got other things to pay first :thumb:
Much appreciated mate :thumb::thumb:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts