Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I bought a Peugeot 307 cc 2004 6 Months ago and almost straight away I had a BOW Fault come up on the dash and the airbag light came on. These have both remained. The car went in for an MOT last week and failed only on the airbag light being on.

I was advised to take it to an Elec Mechanic which I did and they informed me there is a fault with the Roll Over ECU Module #9652363880

I have been told I may be able to get this one repaired or may have to buy a new one but these are rather expensive.

Can anyone offer me any advise please, I've already spent over £300 to sort this out :( I live in Bridgend South Wales.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm having all sorts of problems, I called Peugeot Bridgend and they couldn't even find the part. I have been told it's not the airbag module but the Rollover ECU Module but I guess its purpose is similar to the airbag as in the event of crash etc it deploys the rollover bars.

The garage tried to clear the fault but wouldn't let them, they told me that they couldn't establish communication with the unit, so I think I need to get a new one, only problem is no one seems to know what this module is or get me a parts number.

On the unit itself I have Autoliv - 601958200 and Peugeot 9652363880 but Peugeot couldn't pick up either :(

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I finally have the part number 8852L2

Ive been informed that I would need a brand new part and this would then need to be programmed into my car.

Is there no way I can purchase a second hand part and have this re programmed? As brand new part is over £500 :(

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The elec mechanic said he tested all wiring and they were all fine, I'd like to think he did it.

D

·
0 Posts
Does the roof operate? if yes do a full open and close cycle. Thats a roof switch fault.
Make sure the battery is good also. Do a BSI reset also.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all your replies and help. My husband checked battery and that is in good condition and fully charged. The roof operates perfectly every time. He also did a BSI reset. I have sent the roof bar ecu module off to a repairer in hope it can be repaired upon your guys advice so again thanks, fingers crossed will solve the problem. Who would have thought an airbag light could be so much trouble.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
For anyone who finds this page due to similar problem, I fixed the problem by buying a second hand Roll Bar ECU Module for £50 and fitted it myself thus removing BOW Fault and the airbag light.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi rucked,

I have the exact same problem. Can you tell me where abouts in the car this unit is, and where you got the second hand unit from.

Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts