Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 2006 307 (now a pug family as our other car is an 807) that I've had a month now, but last week I went to lock it and the fob failed to work. I can lock it with the key, and it alarms, but the remote locking doesn't work. If I hold the fob next to the lock on the steering wheel it then works..... as soon as it goes as far ar the 12 o'clock or 6 o'clock position around the wheel, it stops working. Is there an antennae there that could have slipped?

Thank you all in advance for any advice.

G

·
Registered
287 Posts
Hi, I have a 2006 307 (now a pug family as our other car is an 807) that I've had a month now, but last week I went to lock it and the fob failed to work. I can lock it with the key, and it alarms, but the remote locking doesn't work. If I hold the fob next to the lock on the steering wheel it then works..... as soon as it goes as far ar the 12 o'clock or 6 o'clock position around the wheel, it stops working. Is there an antennae there that could have slipped?

Thank you all in advance for any advice.

G
try changing the battery.

Jus tbear in mind that you may have to reprogram the key after changing the battery. How to do its in the owners manual and has been discussed here many times.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
try changing the battery.

Jus tbear in mind that you may have to reprogram the key after changing the battery. How to do its in the owners manual and has been discussed here many times.
Car seems fine except for the fob, lights are bright (well, for a pug) and the car starts first time..... Could it be the battery?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I take it, the module is in the steering column, without taking it to pieces, is there an areal lead that could have just wriggled loose?
:confused:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yes the reciver is in the car....

But your having problems with the sender not emitting enough signal....
The antenna or reciver in car is a passive reciver and the sender in your unit is a active one... so the problem sits in the fob.

Has it maybe been dropped so that there may be a hairline crack to the circuit board in the fob??

I have the same problem but my key was like this when i bough the car...
I will have a go at trying to re solder the board to se if i find something.
:thumb:

·
Registered
287 Posts
I was going to suggest a faulty keyfob the other day.
You may be able to get a replacement fob, just make sure you transfer over the Transponder thing otherwise the key wont work.

I believe its a little black thing in the key thats easily forgotten as ive read on other posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

The antenna or reciver in car is a passive reciver and the sender in your unit is a active one... so the problem sits in the fob.

Has it maybe been dropped so that there may be a hairline crack to the circuit board in the fob??

I'd love to hear if you get anywhere.... ~I'm a bit nervous as I only had the one with the car....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Would love to hear how it goes, I only had 1 fob and would hate to take a chance....

·
5,879 Posts
Transponder and remote board are a matched pair on 307. if you swap board and keep existing transponder then remote will not work and cannot be recoded.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Transponder and remote board are a matched pair on 307. if you swap board and keep existing transponder then remote will not work and cannot be recoded.
Sorry i was thinking of the post i read about getting new outshell and transfering the board + transponder.

not getting a new key fob.

My bad

1 - 13 of 13 Posts