Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all hope you all have a better xmas and new year than me if I cannot get my car going! I got the "presence of water in my fuel" warning so I changed the fuel filter ,cleaned all the filter . the hand pump goes hard and there does not seem to be any air coming out of the bleed valve. I have cranked off the injectors but not much fuel is coming out.i could not feel any fuel coming through the hand pump for about 20+ pumps. Now It wont start even with easy start??
Also the diagnostics wont remove the water in the fuel pump warning sign as there is no code error saying about it??
PLEASE HELP can someone please tell me if there should be loads of fuel coming out , if its a high pressure system and if anyone can help .
does anyone know any good Peugeot mechanics in the Bolton area please?
Really appreciate any help thanks all jack

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hi its a 2lt hdi 136 bhp. also could anyone tell me if the" water presence" detected will stop the car from starting as a safety precaution ? thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hi sorry to be a newbie but where will I find the plant map thread.i have seen it once but cannot find it now . are all the guys on there good and cheaper than Peugeot? thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hi xlineiain . I had a 406 and it was the best car I had . to be fair this has give me no trouble un til now but everyone warns me about it going wrong especially the electrics?!

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
As xlineiain says, did you drain the water out of the fuel filter housing? And did you put a new filter in?

There's no low pressure pump in the tank; that's why there is the hand priming pump.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hi xline .please can you tell me what the number 10 (30 amp fuse has blown ) is on the under the bonnet fuse box . when I replaced it the pump seemed to buzz and the car started with beeding the injectors. now it wont start again??any help please

1 - 12 of 12 Posts