Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there can someone please help was driving my 06 Peugeot 307 it went completely dead while driving I got it jumped start it was fine after that for about 10 minutes!! I jump started it again and it would not start!! I then towed it 2 garage while towing it the car was continuously beeping with lights on the dashboard flashing on and of!! New battery gone into it!! Please help

·
2,632 Posts
Hi...so has the new battery helped....has the alternator been checked ...and have you checked all the earth cables...

·
6,000 Posts
Also worth checking alternator belt and its pulley

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My mechanic says it could be due to a failed bsi?? He said that its leading 2 a electrical fault!! Could this be the case??

·
Registered
14,964 Posts
This is what is most likely the alternator stopped charging the battery for some reason the battery went flat the car stopped.

You jump started it it ran on the power that was put in via the jump leads battery went flat again the battery got too low this time and wiped the keys from the memory in the BSI so second jump start would not work

Its NOT the BSI that is wrong find someone who KNOWS peugeots or citroens they will have seen this many times before it will not start till the key is recognised

Look up beep test and give it a check then come back with result of beep test

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi mechanic reckons it's the bsi so he said he is going to fit one tomorrow!! He I reprogramme my quay to the new bsi will it start??

·
Registered
14,964 Posts
Your mechanic is going about things in the usual missinformed fashion you dont need a BSI and if he fits a used BSI he would need the facilities to blank it then fully reprogram it to your car and code your key to it does he know how to do all that ?
If it's a NEW bsi it will also need fully programmed to the car

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry I was just on to my mechanic he says it's a bsi from a breakers yard!! Wll this make easier?? Thanks!!

·
Registered
14,964 Posts
Only if the operator actually knows what they are operating it sounds like your mechanic does not know what he is doing or what problems he is going to cause by doing as you suggest tell him NOT to replace the BSI as it will not work.

1 do the beep test
2 do PROPER diagnostics
3 check wiring and alternator

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for your reply!! After trying to jump start the car at the road side it would not go!! Then my mechanic fiddled around with the bsi wires then it started for about 30 secs then died again!! My key is pretty beat up also

·
Registered
48 Posts
Dear friend, Peugeot are such great cars as long as you have someone with the right Peugeot knowledge and experience to take care of your car. From my 307 experience, when battery dies the lights and speedometer goes crazy. And once i remember, about 8 years ago, my alternator died and it would start working ok and every few min something would die, lights flashing, even power steering wheel stopped working and in a 10 min break (due to a healthy battery) it would give me another 5 min normal drive. Finally, alternator was repaired, cost me about 50 euros and still drives well (379k). So before touching ECU and other electronic staff, find a proper Peugeot mechanic and i am sure he will figure it out! Good luck :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts