Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I need some help and advice I have got a 1.1 R reg 106 that I'm having a couple of issues with first one is a pretty violent clutch judder when pulling away in first it doesn't judder so much if I rev higher than needed. Second problem i have got is starting first thing or after a long period it starts but soon dies like slight fuel starvation, it stays going if I give it a bit of a rev up and then driven. It seems to be fine for the rest of the day like that. So can anybody please help me I would be very much appreciated.

·
11,821 Posts
Hard to say without seeing or driving it.

I could suggest it needing a new clutch or flywheel, maybe a full service, replace some sensors.

But it would be guessing and throwing parts at a problem, which we frown upon here.

Find a trustworthy mechanic who can drive it and do some investigations. For example, if it were me I'd look at the plugs and state of the filters and go from there.

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/general-discussion-2/how-contact-member-peugeot-planet-diagnostic-28190/

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/introductions-28/brief-faq-guide-new-members-83170/#post529130

·
Registered
909 Posts
where abouts in the country are you based? if you put your location on your profile someone could be just around the corner willing to help you.

As for rough idle and engine dies, its common for the idle control valve but other problems are common too

·
5,034 Posts
@ r reg i think maybe old school is as useful as planet might be on this one, if you plug it in it may help point you in the right direction but i wouldnt expect much from that age/spec of car, we keep meaning to plug our 2002 106 in but theres so few sensors etc it just breaks mechanically so we fix it without the need to diagnose. as has been suggested add your location and someone (maybe me) could be close enough to help.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am in the southwest in Bridgewater in Somerset. The car drives fine once fired up apart from the judder it's only when first fired up it dies after a couple of seconds without reving. Can the idle control valve be cleaned or adjusted? Does this car have obd?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts