Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i just bought a lovely 406 but i am not sure the name of component that comes of the top rad hose. i not mechanic by long way but do simple tasks with cars.
the top hose connects to rad one end but am unsure the other end its jubilee clipped onto plastic component that also joins on to what i believe to be part of the turbo by 2 nuts. well it seems to be leaking oil from it and am unsure as i am sure its the top rad hose that connects to it. it seems be leaking from there onto the rocket head. i will try be clearer if anyone needs more idea what im trying to describe
many thanks in advance

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh sorry mate its 2001 x plate and its 406 glx 2.0 hdi sorry for poor description its just bugging the *ell out of me 110 bhp

·
12,141 Posts
This any good? There's three different BHP 2L engines so I had to guess:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i gonna have to enlarger image report back in min but was just saying hi on site lol thank u for quick reply and post much appreciated

·
12,141 Posts
With the blue plastic screw valve cover on? That's the housing for your thermostat.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the small round bit coming of that part seems to be leaking a going on to rocket head it looks like oil

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
u can see a very little bit of blue right at top ye but the round bit at the bottom of that part is another round component and that seems to be the culprit leaking oil

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
i just looked at piccy again ur looking at the part with the blue cap as bleed valve. its not that part its the part that comes of the pipe right at the top of piccy. left and up from the part ur looking at.

its the biggest and fatest hose in engine block

right beside the rocket head to right of that as u would look into engine bay

im still googling as we speak its the inter cooler pipe

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
If its leaking at the alloy housing it's egr blow by that is leaking most do it to a degree if its bad remove alloy housing and clean it off reseal it then it will stop for a while

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
cheers reliable thats the part, i took it to garage today he said no oil should be there and if it was that leaking i would be pumping out blue smoke from exhaust. with the amount of oil that was there. i got some engine degreaser and cleaed it up incase its simply someone knocked oil can over and never cleaned it properly. i will just keep eye on it i cant afford a new turbo but if i put my foot down it takes off with no smoke. so i cant see the turbo to be at fault. thanks for help guys i do appreciate it as sorry for mis confusion i just glanced quick and thought it was pipe connected to rad i didnt realise the inter cooler was there aswell. i know i know i need shooting lol apologies again for mis confusion.

i keep eye on it and see if it still happens and monitor amount of oil loss should it do it again

1 - 13 of 13 Posts