Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, i'm new on here. I would like some help please with my girlfriends car. She was driving a few days ago and the engine management light came on, she pulled over switched the engine off then back on and hasnt come on since. so she took it to her little local garage, and they came out with these two fault codes:
P1110 Intake air temperature (IAT) sensor (D/C) open/short.
P0300 - multi cylinder misfire. Is this due to needing new spark plugs, or wrong spark plugs, i read it doesnt like ngk ones and to use genuine ones which think may be bosch?

SHe also has this problem, when the car is idling, sometimes it will cut out, or not idle properly?

Has anyone else experienced any of these problems or know what the fault codes mean? Any help would be of great use please.

I own a rover and belong to forum, and know a fair bit about rover and mg, but not so much about her 206.

Many thanks in advance
Ollie

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry just had to check with my girlfriend, she says its 52 reg and a 1.3, and it is petrol.
Many thanks

·
Registered
196 Posts
hi and welcome to the forum, ok the first code P1110, is not what the garage has told you .it is the map sensor.and second one is wright,needs new spark plugs.or new coil pack.and as for staling it could be the coil pack spark plugs or a bad earth to the engine,
PLUGS BOSCH FR7DC9 .0,9 GAP
EYQUEM RFC52LSP 1,0 GAP
CHAMPION RC8YCL 0,9 GAP
NGK BKR6EZ 0,9 GAP
Hope this helps

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
Maybe you wrote the code down wrong-

P0111 Intake Air Temperature Circuit Range/Performance Problem

you wrote P1110 - which is right?

P0300 Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected

I would agree with boots , but i would leave first one at minute and concentrate on plugs/coil.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The first code, was just me browsing the internet, trying to find what it is. Thanks for the replies, so its best to change the plugs and coil pack, before the MAP sensor is changed?

Many thanks

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
Common Peugeot Idle speed problems

The Peugeot 106, 206, 306 & 406 with the 1.4/1.6.1.8 litre engines have a very common problem with stalling at traffic lights and eratick idle speed. This is usauly always caused by the ignition coil pack going high voltage and dammaging the sensitive electronics inside the engine control unit (ECU)

The original Sagem coil-pack should be changed for the Bujicord coil pack this is a revision made by Peugeot in an attempt to resolve the voltage spike problem. Normally the coil -pack will always damage the ECU

Symptoms include:
Misfiring
Poor idle speed or stalling
Hesitations during acceleration

Also read this for information JUST DON`T SHOW IT TO YOUR GIRLFRIEND MIGHT PANIC HER,

http://www.dvdcompare.net/peugeotfault.php

·
Registered
14 Posts
erratic idle

Bettyswollocks,
You certainly know your Peugeot stuff, going by the amount of satisfied members you`ve helped out. I wonder if you could help with my annoying wee problem? I have an 02 206, 1.4 petrol engine. For a while I haven`t driven it due to mis-diagnosis by my local garage, and not wanting to chuck anymore dosh at it until someone who knew what they were doing had a look. The car was behaving like it was on 3 cylinders, running rough and generally a nuisance to drive. A good mate, also from Ireland :nod: spent a while on the phone trying to narrow down the problem, finally getting me to remove the plugs and telling him what they were like. Well 3 were a bit sooty, or black at least, and one was absolutely spotless. He reckoned that the corresponding injector was running very lean, and to replace it. I did this and now the car has stopped behaving like above, all appears back to the way it was when I bought it 6 year ago, except when it`s idling it appears like there is an induction leak somewhere, possibly something I didn`t reassemble properly? It drops down about a millimetre on the speedo each time it does it, like it`s dropping about 20rpm just for a second, if that. Any clues or solutions you could come up with massively appreciated.

Cheers, Drew

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.