Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone help please?

We have a 2006 307cc the windows have been working perfect today...

Now when I open the passenger door the window drops but when I close the window it won’t go up. I went to the drivers side and press up and it closes... this is an inconvenience but then I realised the passenger window won’t go down at all.

Can someone help? Could it b an issue with the sensor inside the handle?

·
Registered
14,256 Posts
The drop function is controlled by the handle sensor the up function is controlled by the door catch it may well just be wiring in the door pillar where the wires go from the door to the main body they snap in there.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply.

Do u think a broken wire could affect the window not going down with either switch? But still let it go down when the door is opened. Strange how it will go up but not down with the switches

·
Registered
14,256 Posts
Electrical issues are always strange.

The window wiring is much more complicated than most realise especially on CC models check the wiring in both front door posts wiring at either side could be your issue.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks... it’s frustrating.

So open the door window drops to open...close the door and window won’t go up again
Neither switches let it go down any further but they do let it go up...

Grrrrrr

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anyone got a wiring loom diagram or know which ones going into the passenger door would control the window up function from switches?

·
Registered
14,256 Posts
As i have said its more complicated than you think

Switch on the door does NOT control the motors it sends a signal to the BSI this then sends power to the motor via relays INSIDE the BSI.

Control is further complicated on CC models due to the roof module taking overall control of the windows.

Drop function is actually built into the motors motors are specific to CC models with different programming but is controlled by the door handle and door catch switches these ALSO go to the BSI.

You dont need a diagram you need to look at the wires and fix the broken ones do the easy stuff first.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Appreciate it could b complicated so I’ll try see if I can access the wires in the loom between the pillar and door and check them if possible first.

Quick question if the sensor on the handle was faulty, could it stop the switches making the window go down?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks again for the suggestions.

Today I striped the whole door and checked all the wires with a millimetre from each connection to the plug which connects inside the pillar. All wires are fine and no damage with all the wires.

I’ve checked the continuity with the switches etc and they are reading right to the window winder motor, so I think it may n the motor at fault...

Put it all back together and it worked perfect a few times but don’t wanna push it to the window doesn’t go up again. Will get a second hand motor if anyone know of any it would help? Gonna have to try as I don’t want to get caught out in rain and the window not go up fully again :(

·
Registered
14,256 Posts
Wiring at BOTH doors needs to be checked its usually the drivers door as it opens and closes more you dont need to strip the door its the wires going from the door to the body that break.

Its unlikely to be the motor but as i have said before the motors are specific to CC models and there are 2 versions if you are buying 1 make sure its correct version also motors are different again if you have power folding mirrors.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks reliable... I checked the drivers side this evening and wiring is perfect.

Seems to be the passenger window will go up and down a couple of times then suddenly won’t go down anymore. Tried both drivers and passengers switches and it just won’t go down.

Any further thoughts on what else I should try now? Would diagnostics be able to test the different components such as window regulators and switches etc?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts