Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

My name is Morris and I'm from Melbourne, Australia. I've owned Peugeot vehicles for a while now and just purchased the 308 GT (2017).

I brought it into a very well respected audio installation company called GL Pro Sound. They deal specifically with higher end cars and products.

I wanted better sound in the car, so I opted for Focal speakers for the front and the back, a Rockford Fosgate sub, amplifier and digital processor.

I received a call from GL Pro Sound. They installed the speakers and the subwoofer. However they could not install the amplifier and digital processor. They said the factory amplifier cannot be bypassed (?) at all. They had 3 technicians working on it for 3 hours, trying to find a solution but could not.

Is there a way to install a new amplifier and digital processor in this car? If so, can someone please tell me what steps and equipment is required so I can give this information to GL Pro Sound?

Any advice would be appreciated. GL Pro Sound state it can't be done. I want to prove them wrong!

·
Registered
14,295 Posts
I dont see why the factory amp cannot be bypassed i removed 1 from a 406 and used it in my bongo but it is well wired into the loom etc on amp equipped cars so it wont be easy it may also be networked on newer cars so this might be the issue they would probably have to hard wire the replacement from the head unit back meaning a lot of work for them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dont see why the factory amp cannot be bypassed i removed 1 from a 406 and used it in my bongo but it is well wired into the loom etc on amp equipped cars so it wont be easy it may also be networked on newer cars so this might be the issue they would probably have to hard wire the replacement from the head unit back meaning a lot of work for them.
Yes - they said to me that they tried to use a harness bypass but that didn't work as the amplifier has no input for a bypass connection. Apparently the entire system runs through it. They spent about 5 hours trying to figure it out but were unable to come up with an alternative.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Couldn’t this be the same that i’m struggling with in my 508... that’s why they say it can’t be done..

·
Registered
10 Posts
It can be done, I will try to find the link to the french Peugeot forums where the guy has fitted a alpine amp etc. It is in french but google translate isn’t to bad.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Here it is. https://www.forum-peugeot.com/Forum/threads/driver-sport-pack-int%C3%A9gration-ampli-alpine-hp-et-caisson-focal-ibus.28681/

1 - 8 of 8 Posts