Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.
I really hope someone can help me with a little info.
I had my wishbone replaced on thursday, other one to be done on payday.
Car felt ok until i was on my home from work yesterday. If i gently press the brake pedal the brakes slow me down, but when i push hard on the brakes my foot goes straight to the floor and i get terrible vibration like abs in the snow. I have checked my fluid and havent lost any. Also if i pump the brakes it make no difference although i hear what i can only describe as an air leak from inside the car everytime i press the pedal. Does anyone have any ideas on whats causing this. I would be very grateful with any advise you can give me. Many thanks, simon

·
Registered
248 Posts
Is there any brake fluid leak around the wheel that had the wishbone fixed - sounds like they have 'nicked' a brake pipe or union and you have a small leak.

Or something has not been tightened properly around the wheel/calliper on the wheel

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the speedy reply,
Thats what i thought although the brakes were juddering a little before i took the car to the garage. Thats one of the reasons i got the wishbone replaced. The wishbone bushes were really bad. There is a little grease where its bolted on but no brake fluid. Im not losing any fluid, thats why im so confused. Do you think i would have air in the system?

·
Registered
35 Posts
If it was air in the system it would improve with pumping, but they shouldnt of done anything to get air in the system anyway, unbolt the caliper and move it , they may well have caught the pipe when doing that!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will try that at the weekend. Would that explain the noise from inside the car though. I really appreciate all of your help

·
Registered
248 Posts
Have you looked for a leak on the vacuum side of things - i had a car once that had a loss of brakes which turned out to be a split in the vacuum hose coming from the master cylinder. Have you got a helper to press the pedal whilst you have a listen around the engine bay. Or squirt a little damp start on the vacuum pipes and listen for any change in the engine revs - this should reveal a leak

1 - 6 of 6 Posts