Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased an automatic 206 (2002) on July 29th. It all worked fine until 27th August when it began to 'judder' as it drives. It feels as though maybe it is struggling to go up a gear, the revs go up really high and it loses power. It judders along and won't go any faster than about 10mph. I can tell when it is about to do this as it feels like a 'pulling' on the engine. (if that makes sense....I'm a girl, I know nothing about cars!!) It does not do it all of the time though, sometimes it drives fine and other times it does this almost immediately.

Anyway, I called the garage where I bought the car as I was still 2 days within my warranty. They said that I need to find out if it is an electrical or mechanical fault as it is not covered if it is electrical. I have taken it to my usual mechanic who cannot find anything wrong. I have taken it to him three times now and he has checked it over and when he drives it around it does not do this. He took it to another mechanic who knows more about gearboxes. The only thing he can find that was wrong was that some of the codes needed resetting which he did. I took the car home yesterday thinking it was all sorted and then on my way home from work today (having driven to work and to appointments throughout the day) it began to do this again. Somebody pleeeeeeeease help me!

Sophie x

G

·
I dont suppose they told you what codes were cleared did they? these would tell you where the fault was

Also just clearing the faults without fixing the issue will just cause them to re-occur, you definately need to find out what codes the car is throwing up!

:thumb:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you get this problem fixed ??
My V Reg 206 is doing the same thing, some days it drives ok and other days it doesnt.
I had the idle stepper motor changed and it has improved.
The automatic choke seems to be coming on when driving.
I had 2 faults when car was put on diagnostics machine. Coolant Sensor and Automatic transmision.
I am going to book my car in next week.
Car is automatic so the over revving causes problems when in traffic.

Fingers crossed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts