Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the problem with the coolant temperature warning message, the oil pressure gauge hits the max whenever I start the car. After reading numerous posts it appears it's likely to be the sensor. I have bought one but so far unable to locate it to fit. None of the posts have really helped me locate it and some photo's are not relating to my car 207cc 2011 GT. Please would someone be kind enough to provide an idiots guide of where it is and how you get to it. I can only find one that looks like it could be it but the electrical plug on the top doesn't quite match the shape to the one I have purchased so I assume this is another sensor. I have circled it in the pic to confirm if this is it or not . I'll attach pictures of the engine, Any help appreciated.:confused:

[/ATTACH]

·
6,551 Posts
Follow the bottom rad hose up to the thermostat housing and you will see the sensor going into the housing at 90 degrees to the hose its almost directly under the vacuum pump.

Its held in place by a small clip, tie a bit of string or a cable tie around it before removal as it can fly off and go anywhere and its easy to drop when refitting.

If oil and coolant temps are both high i doubt is the coolant sensor it more likely to be water pump, thermostat or rad issue causing engine to overheat

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Windy for your help. Ive followed your instructions but still unable to locate it. Do I have to remove any components to gain access? I have removed the air pipe to get a better look but no luck. Any help appreciated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts