Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! first post! wooo!

iv got a 5 door p reg 306, i want to take all my black trim off and paint them i was woundering how i would come across taking them off and what do i need to do before i spray the paint on?

thank you

;)

·
Registered
862 Posts
alex306 said:
Hello everyone! first post! wooo!

iv got a 5 door p reg 306, i want to take all my black trim off and paint them i was woundering how i would come across taking them off and what do i need to do before i spray the paint on?

thank you

;)

Hi and welcome to the forum :yay2:

Simply pull at the rub strip and it should come of.
Just take your time and be patient as you pull it off,some of the glue will come of with it and anything that remains you can t-cut of.

I would leave the trim on and paint it in place as long as you mask of the surrounding area it will be ok,much easier and quicker.

For the painting you will need to give them a sand using wet 'n' dry sandpaper (finest grade) and use it wet for a better finish. Wipe with a tack rag or damp cloth,apply at least 2 coats of primer,lightly sand with wet 'n' dry again,apply at least 3 light coats of your colour,when thourghly dry apply 2-3 coats of clear lacquer let it dry.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ahhhh! thats what i was thinking of doing! i will do it when theres a forecast of good sunny weather! thanks for the tips on the painting didnt have a clue how to paint it! thanks again!!:thumb:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah thats what im planning to do! hope to try an not use my car for a few daays during study leave! would i be abe to do more then one coat a day?

thanks

·
Registered
122 Posts
That all depends on the type of primer, paint and laquer you are using, my 1st car was the 306 and i did the full color coding in 2 days using 2k primer and water based top coat, and 2k laquer easy job really. Leaving the rub strips and bumpers on is the easy option, but be carefull of over spray and partical drift. For the best finish you should flat the surface 1st using a 120 - 180 grain paper, with out being excessive, and then smooth off with a 1500 - 1800 wet and dry, 3m's & mirka do a brilliant range of sanding products. Good luck, let us know how you got on, if youd like any tips just give me a shout. Regards whistler

1 - 8 of 8 Posts