Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

i currently have a 2008 Peugeot Expert Taxi fitted with a 2.0L HDI Engine (RHK)
the cambelt has lost most of its teeth and now has no compression on the engine. looking at replacing engine with a secondhand one, but with prices for these engines over £1000 im looking at slightly cheaper options. i heard the Peugeot 407 and 307 engines are the same (RHR Engines) just slightly less power and alot cheaper at around £500-£700?

would it be possible to straight swap or if needed just swap over my injectors (if they dont snap on removal) also would any changes to the ecu and bsi need to be made?
Surely the Engine block and cylinder head are the same?

any advice would be brill so i can go ahead and order the engine as i would like it back on the road asap

Cheers

·
Registered
14,933 Posts
RHR does fit WITH its own injectors but to be honest all you need is to get your injectors out and replace all your broken rockers and your engine will run again this is easier than swapping

RHR differences are turbo, wiring for ecu boost solenoid down front instead of at back couple of minor bracket changes but it is essentially the same engine no power difference not sure where you are getting that from I have done this in 1 of our experts.

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
So your looking to save around £300 on a possibly slightly lower powered engine so are waiting say maybe a week or two to find that cheaper engine. In the meantime you are off the road and losing money. Then there is also the consideration that a lower priced engine may well be less economical and cost you more per mile to run it. A big consideration for a taxi driver I would think.

Reckon in the end you'll lose more money waiting to find a cheaper engine plus anything else that might be required than you would save. Why not get an engine you know is for the taxi now and get it back on the road and earning.

Or you could do as reliable says.

·
Registered
38 Posts
RHR engine 136bhp RHK engine 120bhp
I have had problems with an overheated RHK engined Expert van. Rebuilt the engine but having problems getting it to run. I have to agree the RHK engines are overpriced probably due to demand as they are mainly fitted to high mileage vehicles such as vans and taxis. The RHR engine seems to be very similar. The turbo on the RHR has an electrical connection that the RHK does not have. I'm not sure if there is a difference in the injectors but as far as I can make out if you use your own injectors and turbo you will effectively have a RHK engine.
I would agree that in the first instance you should try to repair your own engine first. A few new rockers and a new timing belt and water pump kit and you should be good to go. You shouldn't even have to take the head off.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sorry for the late response.

how can changing the rockers get the engine running again, surely the valves are bent?

G

·
0 Posts
The Hdi has been fitted with 'weakened' rockers, so rather than bend a valve which is a git to sort out - the rocker will snap instead, thus keeping the valve straight.

Pop the top off and replace the rockers and that is it really - quite a good idea for a French car.....:thumb:

·
Registered
14,933 Posts
The HDI is not fitted with weakened rockers they are fitted with crap rockers :)

As long as you can get the injectors out the rocker replacement is easy they NEVER bend valves I have done loads they can drop valves but that's a separate issue

1 - 7 of 7 Posts