Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 peugeot partner. Its a 2.0 hdi. Last week on the way to work it cut out at the traffic lights then restarted. Carried on down the road and lost all power dropped the clutch and engine died. It started and made the rest of my journey. When i arrived at my location the van cut out again. Now some times its starts first turn of the key and runs no problem but then most of the time it turns over for 40 seconds and starts once started it rums for about 30 seconds then cuts out. A local mechanic told me it was the cranck sensor which has been replaced but not made a single difference. I have check for fuel leaks and there appears to be none. I have checked all vacum pipes and cant see a split or broken one. The only other thing to mention is i put diesel in the van the morning it started playing up but i think if it was fuel it would be a constant problem not intermittent. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Josh

·
Registered
340 Posts
It sounds like you could be getting air into your fuel system, next time it plays up lift the bonnet and check the priming bulb it should be very firm to squeeze, if it’s not pump it up until it is then go and start it, if it fires up then I would be checking the fuel lines where they clip in at top left hand side of engine (renowned for failing there) and the rest of fuel lines if you can’t find anything to obvious then report back and we can advise you further.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
UPDATE....

I have checked all the fuel pipes under the bonnet and there appears to be no leaks or split pipes.

On the side of the engine next to the battery i found an air vacuum solenoid i think thats what it is with a black rectangle box. There are two vacuum pipes coming off of it and the top one has splits down the side. Would this cause an intermittent fault that i am getting? Or would this cause a permanent fault or no fault at all?

I had it full serviced about two months ago and they said they changed the fuel filter but as someone suggested above to try it i have changed it again this morning unfortunately it didt make a difference.

Any help would be great and much appreciated

Thank you guys and girls

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Obviously i have fixed the split pipe. But being an intermittent fault i dont know if this has fixed the fault. Thats why i was asking if this sort of thing would cause the sort of fault i am getting. I checked the prime pump and seems to be firm the last time it happened.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.