Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As in the title the Airbag warning light is activated in my car.

But lets start from the start...

I WAS the proud owner of a Peugeot 307 1.4L Petrol (53 Plate).

The airbag warning light came on 3 months before the MOT was due and i have so far replaced the;

Seatbelt Clip (what was i thinking)
Seatbelt Pre-Retainer
Comm 2000 unit

In that order. None of these have worked and after replacing the Comm 2000 the car no longer starts so i finally give up and phone Peugeot who tell me its the wrong Comm 2000??

I cant remember exactly what the diagnostic said but it was along the lines of "open circuit driver side" and something to do with the Pre-Retainer.

Peugeot has asked me to bring it in for £70 so they can run a diagnostic... i cant afford this as i have already spent over £500 on the car. Any advice is very welcome.

·
Registered
437 Posts
See if you can find a member on here with PP.

Air bag can be many things, along with what you have already replaced there are curtain air bags and their sensors too. Comm I think shows up as something like drivers trigger level 2.

·
11,711 Posts
I cant remember exactly what the diagnostic said but it was along the lines of "open circuit driver side" and something to do with the Pre-Retainer.

Peugeot has asked me to bring it in for £70 so they can run a diagnostic... i cant afford this as i have already spent over £500 on the car. Any advice is very welcome.
Can't remember exactly but I think on the airbag system "driver" is the passenger side and vice versa.

As for diagnostics, many of us do the same for as little as a tenner.

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/general-discussion-2/how-contact-member-peugeot-planet-diagnostic-28190/

But check the latest map as the original one is rather old and some members have now moved on.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=214397633218647067111.0004dc947e5c1752ca0a2&msa=0&ll=54.265224,-3.383789&spn=10.238651,28.54248

·
Registered
6 Posts
light

this might help
on other cars not pugs,this is my first (sons)
i have found plug connections under either the drivers or p/s
to be at fault
can be as simple as checking connections and plug is tight
or replaceing with a soldered connection
NOTE the battery should be disconnected for approx 30min prior to doing these checks due to the nature of air bags

1 - 4 of 4 Posts