Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all im a newbie to this site and hoping that somone mite be able to help me i have got an 03 place 3 dr 307

wife was driving to work this morning when she heard a bang she said sounded like she hit a wall,,ha,, shouldnt be laughing because she then told me the car wont go any where as there is no gears,, how ever the clutch feels fine and when you put the car in gear it feels like it is going in,, i have turned the car of and put it in gear and started it and nothing still no gears i can start it in first and it just like starting the car in neutral,, some one told me that it mite be the trust bearing or what ever it is called can someone please tell me or advise me of what it could be before i spend a fortune on labour charges in some garage to find out what it is and to get it fixed

cheers to all that look and all that mite be able to push me in the right direction

·
Registered
873 Posts
Sorry I cant help as Im another newbie. But it did make me laugh there because the same thing happened to me. I was reversing and i heard a very loud thud at the rear. And what was behind me.....nothing but thin air.

I just dont know what happened, I got out and checked, nothing. Car is going fine for me but.

G

·
I've heard a few stories like this and in most cases it turns out to be the DMF (Dual-mass flywheel)

Check to see if yours has one of these

I know the 2.0 HDI 90 doesnt, the 110 and 136 do i think

Not sure about petrol models though!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi dont know if this will help but,i used to have a Rover 414 , and the drive shaft snapped on it ,what your wife explained sounds the same as what happened to me ....a bang like it jumed out of gear but louder ....then nothing could get all the gears but no movement..? can you put it in gear without using the clutch ? if you cant i would check the drive shafts.
hope this helps
bazilb:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts