Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all i recently replaced the mrs 307 2.0hdi 90 04 plate battery, starter and fuel filter as it was very lazy and slightly hunting on tickover.
It now starts super quick and runs fine but the hunting is still there which I'll investigate later but she is saying now the stop warning comes up when she starts the car,i had a look and all dash lights come on with the key including stop and as soon as you start the car they go out as you'd expect.

Question is, does the stop warning come on like that? Is it normal?
No lights on when driving at all.
Thanks all.
(also my dads 407 does it) are they both crazy and just noticed it after i worked on the cars? Typical!
:lol:

·
Registered
276 Posts
This is the typical "It was alright before you touched it" scenario. Just to confirm that my Stop light stays on for a second after the engine has started.

I know that for a fact because I tell the wife not to move or rev the engine until the stop light has gone out, you shouldn't rev the engine as soon it's started as the Turbo needs a little time to get some oil.

·
11,766 Posts
All warning lights are supposed to come on before starting and should go out within a couple of seconds of starting. Its to show the driver that they're all operating.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Just to confirm that my Stop light stays on for a second after the engine has started.
Correction, the stop light flashes for a second or two after the engine has started and then goes off (unless somethings is wrong of course)

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks so just to be sure this is the correct operation?
I can't confirm as i don't own a pug, its funny how family and friends can own cars for years and not notice these basic things until you work on them! If i ask the mrs what colour her car is you can see her eyes go up and can hear the cogs turning lol.
:lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts