Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,

Please can you let me know if you guys have an alarm or sound that gets activated when steering wheel is on full lock on both left and right side?

Many thanks

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
hi guys,

Please can you let me know if you guys have an alarm or sound that gets activated when steering wheel is on full lock on both left and right side?

Many thanks
the 3 307's i have does not have an alarm of this sort and neither has the hundreds of 307's i have worked on

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Monty. It doesn't squeal but more like an alert or warning sound. I took to a garage and they said its normal and you get it when in full lock. very strange.

·
11,992 Posts
Difficult to say from just audio.

All I can suggest at this point is take off your front right wheel and wheel arch liner, unplug the power steering electrical cables and give them a good clean with electrical contact cleaner.

Plus make sure your power steering fluid is topped up as high as you can without it overflowing when you put the cap back on.

I had a whine and heavy steering. I filled up the fluid which helped a little but it was only when I cleaned the electric plugs that I noticed a massive difference. The steering feels incredibly light now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts