Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doing the air filter on my 308 a piece of plastic fell off its less the. A. Efren long

Looks like it clips to the bottom of the windscreen then the scuttle panel sits into it

Trouble is I don't know whether it should be glued to the windscreen and the whole scuttle panel drops of the windscreen and unclops itself

Any ideas what the setup is

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Never had to remove the scuttle on my 308 but on the 307 it just pushed onto the windscreen and the scuttle pushed into the other side. Fastening the scuttle into place kept it locked between the scuttle and screen. Would imagine it would be the same on the 308 though.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks so how is this attached to the screen ? as this one just unclips itself easily. i can actually get my hand between the windscreen and scuttle plastic

im thinking no nails of some sort to secure it. ?
i will detach the whole scuttle panel to make it fit perfect afterwards ie wipers off.

·
12,141 Posts
It slips off far too easily. Superglue it on, and the same with the ones on the sides.

See my 307 guide for reattaching the scuttle, the 308 is the same.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
will see how it goes ive put some silicone on the edges too. stupid design

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It slips off far too easily. Superglue it on, and the same with the ones on the sides.

See my 307 guide for reattaching the scuttle, the 308 is the same.

Seems like with all the rain the middle of the screen is fine it's where it bends round waters peeing on top of the battery everything's clipped as it should be can't get to the rubber to sit tight on the screen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
12,141 Posts
Are parts C and D present?

My 2008 308 doesn't have a single angled piece, but two shorter ones.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Are parts C and D present?

My 2008 308 doesn't have a single angled piece, but two shorter ones.

Mine seem to be in 2 pieces for the bend of the screen one of the little bits is missing still doesn't fit at all they don't clip in just sit in

·
12,141 Posts
Find some replacements at a local scrapper. I was missing a couple of them on my 308 (must have had a replacement windscreen at some time and the cowboy fitter lost them).

I glued them all on, then put clear silicone sealant on the rubber of the long plastic trim that meets the windscreen, and now no water ingress onto the soundproofing material.

When they push in they should make a bit of a click sound.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks had to do it again this time using gorilla glue seems sound now just need to tidy it up now

Now for some new sound proofing as it's falling apart

1 - 11 of 11 Posts