Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Peugeout 308. Sometimes when my car goes over small bumps I can here a noise in the back of the car to the left, somewhere between the door, door arch or even the top of the shelf near the back windscreen! It’s like a plastic sound as in a crisp snap like plastic on plastic! I have tried to rub wd40 on it and some other types of fluid but I can’t get rid of it! I’m not even convinced I have found where it’s coming from. Any advice please? its not the parcel shelf and I have emptied the boot, thanks!!

·
Premium Member
3,235 Posts
Does it still happen when you have a passenger in the back? Another pair of ears would help to pinpoint the noise.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does it still happen when you have a passenger in the back? Another pair of ears would help to pinpoint the noise.
I tried sitting in the back with someone else driving but I couldn’t locate it, well I thought I had but obviously not! :(

·
Premium Member
3,235 Posts
I would check the spare wheel and other bits are securely stowed in the back, just to eliminate one more thing.

·
Registered
50 Posts
It might be the front drop links, I know it sounds like its coming from behind you but after looking for it everywhere and checking everything in the boot I decided to go with my gut feeling of what I thought it could otherwise be and yes, the drop links on the drivers side was gone. It sounded just like a rattle from behind me, I thought it was something in the doors at first and I could hear nothing when I opened the window (thought it might have been the exhaust)

Anyway its a simple job to change them, I didn't even have to take the wheels off and just had to jack the car to take the weight off the wheels slightly but if your not handy with spanners it wont be a big job for the garage to change them. I was only holding back because I didn't want to fork out for a new set when I was convinced it was something rattling around under or in the car.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It might be the front drop links, I know it sounds like its coming from behind you but after looking for it everywhere and checking everything in the boot I decided to go with my gut feeling of what I thought it could otherwise be and yes, the drop links on the drivers side was gone. It sounded just like a rattle from behind me, I thought it was something in the doors at first and I could hear nothing when I opened the window (thought it might have been the exhaust)

Anyway its a simple job to change them, I didn't even have to take the wheels off and just had to jack the car to take the weight off the wheels slightly but if your not handy with spanners it wont be a big job for the garage to change them. I was only holding back because I didn't want to fork out for a new set when I was convinced it was something rattling around under or in the car.
It’s definitely coming from inside the car and behind the passenger seat! It’s more like two plastics surfaces rubbing together and creating a snap noise now and again - very annoying! Should I just take it back into the dealer as it’s only 6 months old?

·
Registered
129 Posts
I had the same sort of annoying rattle on my 2019 308 from the day I picked it up it used to drive me nuts. Turned out to be the seat belt buckle rattling against the hard plastic that runs down the edge of the back seat. I now make sure that the seat belt buckles are clipped in when I don't have rear-seat passengers, no more rattles :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
How do these sounds make me mad.In the past peugeot one thing made me so mad that I struggled until I found it.I think Peugeot made a lot of glitches here. He knows a lot of squeaks.
You didn't say which model was it?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had the same sort of annoying rattle on my 2019 308 from the day I picked it up it used to drive me nuts. Turned out to be the seat belt buckle rattling against the hard plastic that runs down the edge of the back seat. I now make sure that the seat belt buckles are clipped in when I don't have rear-seat passengers, no more rattles :)
Yes, and that can be heard.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ah good solution but I know it’s not this in my car :(

·
Registered
18 Posts
Which one do u recommend ?
Sonax Rubber Care is good. Lasts about three or four weeks.

Sometimes I also use 3M Silicone Paste. This is harder to apply but lasts longer.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a Peugeout 308. Sometimes when my car goes over small bumps I can here a noise in the back of the car to the left, somewhere between the door, door arch or even the top of the shelf near the back windscreen! It’s like a plastic sound as in a crisp snap like plastic on plastic! I have tried to rub wd40 on it and some other types of fluid but I can’t get rid of it! I’m not even convinced I have found where it’s coming from. Any advice please? its not the parcel shelf and I have emptied the boot, thanks!!
Hi mate! Take it back to the dealership - mine did this and there’s a part they need to replace below the bumper. Can’t recall what it’s called. Will check my paperwork later and get back to you. Common problem apparently.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mine is a 308 2011 and the source of the annoying rattle noise in the back turned out to be some cables inside the back door that got loose over time. I took the cart off, found the loose cables near the door lock and stuffed the area full of foam.

·
Registered
27 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
I had a similar problem on my 407, noise seemed to come from top near headrest. Latter realized the noise comes up the seatbelt channel and after many weeks found it was the Handbrake cable that curves around the rear wheel spring that every now and then hit one coil on the spring. Coil is mounted on rubber and the cable is in a sleeve with plastic coating. No metal sound. Just check it out.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts